|End Date:||June 25, 2017|
|Location:||Heritage Park, Chilliwack,BC|
|Introduction:||This is an Equine Canada sanctioned Gold Event. All Walk, Trot and Canter Classes for Individual, Pas de Deux, and Squad|
|Contact Name:||Charlene Kostecki|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
VOLUNTEER SIGN UP:
Vet Check: tentatively 2:30pm Friday June 23, 2017 (subject to change)
The 2017 BC Provincial Championships is sanctioned as a Bronze, Silver and Gold competition member of Equine Canada, 308 Leggett Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario, K2K 1Y6, and is governed by the rules of EC. The competition is hosted by the Equestrian Vaulting Association of BC. (Pending Approval)
Kendel Edmunds USEF R Judge
Colin Schmidt Can National; Lynn Wallden Can Provincial
Stewards: Joan Weir Equine Canada,
Equine Canada (EC), the national equestrian federation of Canada, supports adherence to humane treatment of horses in all competitions under its jurisdiction.
All persons shall be committed to:
Upholding the welfare of horses, regardless of value, as a primary consideration in all activities;
Requiring that horses be treated with kindness, respect, and compassion and that they never be subjected to mistreatment;
Ensuring that all Equestrians including owners, trainers and exhibitors or their respective agents use responsible care in the handling, treatment and transportation of their horses as well as horses placed in their care for any purpose;
Providing for the continuous well-being of horses by encouraging routine inspection and consultation with health care professionals and competition officials to achieve the highest possible standards of nutrition, health, comfort, sanitation and safety as a matter of standard operating procedure;
Providing of current information on Code of Practise for the Care and Handling of Equines and other equine health and welfare initiatives;
Continuing to support scientific studies on equine health and welfare;
Requiring owners, trainers and competitors to know and follow their sanctioning organization's rules and to work within industry regulations in all equestrian competitions;
Actively promoting the development of and adherence to competition rules and regulations that protect the welfare of horses.
The standard by which conduct or treatment will be measured is that which a person who is informed and experienced in generally accepted equine training and competition procedures would determine to be neither cruel nor abusive nor inhumane.
No paper entries will be accepted; all entries must be submitted online here.
One payment per club MUST be received by the entry deadline by PayPal or credit card. Cheques will not be accepted.
Waiver forms must be completed online. If a correctly filled out and signed waiver has not been received the vaulter will be scratched.
All Participants (vaulters, lungers, coaches, grooms, person responsible) must complete and sign an online Release Form. Be sure to check your email to complete the signing after you fill out the form!
One person from each club must complete and sign an online Person Responsible Form.
Costs continue to increase every year and while the EVA strives to keep competitions affordable, increases must be covered. Please download the information on sponsorship opportunities and consider sponsoring a class or seeking others to sponsor. If we can increase sponsorship we can avoid heavily increasing competition entry fees and charges.
Memberships & Licenses
Canadian vaulters, lungers and horse owners must be members of their provincial vaulting association and must have an Equine Canada bronze, silver or gold sport license and third party liability insurance provided through membership in their provincial sports organization.
• Canadian vaulters entered only in Barrel classes, and vaulters, lungers and horse owners entered only in FUNdamentals and/or Walk D Under 10 do not need a sport license but must be members of their provincial vaulting association and their provincial sports organization.
• American vaulters and lungers must be members of the American Vaulting Association.
• Membership numbers must be submitted with your entries. Any vaulter who does not have the correct memberships by the Deadline will be scratched.
Medals 1st -3rd place, Ribbons 4th-6th place
Trophies for First place for all Champion classes
Prizes for Champion classes
• All entry fees are in CDN $. Withdrawals or no-shows after the closing of entries will not be refunded without a Doctor's note or Vet note.
ALL CLUBS WILL BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE AN OPEN CHEQUE AT SHOW OFFICE AT CHECK IN; TO COVER ANY OUTSTANDING FEES AT THE END OF THE COMPETITION.
A CLASS CHANGE FEE OF $10 PER CHANGE WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY CHANGES MADE AFTER THE START OF THE FIRST CLASS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF VAULTER SCRATCHES OR HORSE BEING ELIMINATED BY JUDGE FOR SOUNDNESS ISSUES OR DANGEROUS BEHAVIOUR.
Clothing Sales - T shirts $20 and Ladies Tank Tops $20 Pre Orders only
• $25 per vaulter OR lunger
All individual Walk and Trot classes and Individual Beginner Canter will be one round with separate goes for compulsories and freestyle.
All regular individual Canter classes will be two rounds with 3 separate goes (first round = compulsories & freestyle; second round = freestyle only)
Individual Mounted Classes
• Fundamentals $20.00
• All Walk, All Trot, Masters Clinic Class, and Beginner Canter Class (Canter D compulsories/Walk B freestyle) - $30.00
• Individual Canter Classes (two rounds; three goes) - $60.00
Squad and Pairs Mounted Classes, Green Horse
• Walk B, Trot B or Canter Pairs (one round) $60 per pair
• Walk B, Trot B or Canter Squads – (one round – compulsories and freestyle) $20 per vaulter with a squad of 6 or 7 vaulters
• First Year Walk Team, First Year Walk Pairs - $15 per vaulter (see unrecognized classes guidelines for class requirements)
• Combination Canter/Walk Team, Combination Canter/Walk Pairs - $15 per vaulter (Canter B compulsories; Walk B freestyle)
• Green Horse - $25 for one go (3 minutes each with or without vaulters – no placing, judge’s comments only)
Barrel Classes (all barrel classes are one round of freestyle only)
• Individual freestyle (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) - $15.00
• FUNdamental classes - $10 per vaulter for individual or pairs
• Individual Costume freestyle - $15.00
• Pairs (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) - $15.00 per vaulter
• Costume Pairs - $15.00 per vaulter
• Barrel Squad (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) - $10 per vaulter for a team of 4 to 6
• Family Barrel - $10 per vaulter – all team members from the same family; one must be an adult
• Music submission deadline is June 15, 2017
Horses & Stabling
• All horses will be required to wear a number when competing. The numbers will be provided by the EVABC and must be returned prior to Awards. Horse Numbers must be worn and visible at all times in the schooling and exercise rings as well as in the competition ring.
• Note: Horse owners or the person responsible must provide proof of an equine influenza vaccination within 6 months of this competition.
• Note: Any horse entered in any class at a competition may be selected for equine medication control testing while at the event location.
• New: All horses entered in Champion classes including Walk B and Trot B classes must be presented at the veterinary inspection on Friday June 23 at 3:00 pm.(Vet check time is subject to change).
Stabling Fees: Including taxes
STABLING IS AVAILABLE THURSDAY JUNE 22nd TO SUNDAY JUNE 25th, 2017
▪ $150 single stall, two nights
▪ $190 single stall three nights
▪ $250 double stall two nights
▪ $300 double stall three nights
▪ $100 Tack stall two nights
▪ $140 Tack stall three nights
• Manure disposal fee included
• Shavings fee included
• All stalls must be completely cleaned at the end of competition or your club will be assessed a $50 clean-up fee
• Equine drug testing fee: $3.50 for Bronze (up to and including Division Canter B), $7.00 for Silver or Gold (Division Canter A/AA). included
• Haul in 1 day $30,
Host Hotel - Coast Chilliwack https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/chilliwack/coast-chilliwack-hotel/
• Please support our host hotel as it supports our vaulting competition. When making reservations ask for the Vaulting rate
Camping is available at Heritage Park
Before you begin, ensure that you have all of your music organized as follows:
All music must be .MP3 files – other formats cannot be accepted. Although this may be a hassle, this is done to minimize the risk of your music not working at the competition.If your current music files are not .MP3 files, you must convert them or find someone to help you.
If this proves impossible, please bring your music to the competition on a standard Audio CD (not as computer files) clearly labeled and one CD per Ring.
Please have backup copies with you as well.
Your Run-in music must have the word “Run-in” or Runin” as part of the file name. Obviously, other non-run-in music should not :)
You may, if you like, have more than one Run-in music track, but we do not encourage it. If you have more than one, please clearly label in the name what the difference is, such as “Run-in Ring A.mp3” vs. “Run-in Ring B.mp3”
All other music files should be named something recognizable and applicable; nothing fancy, not too long, just so that it makes sense.
Log into the VaultCanada.org website with the account the club’s entries where created under.If the person who created the entries is not uploading the music, please have the music upload person create an account on the website (if not already created) and then email [email protected] requesting that this person be added to your club’s permissions. Please CC the other person involved.
After you first log into the website, you will be viewing your “My Competitions” page, click on your Club’s entry link for this competition.
Click on the Music tab near the top of the screen
Upload your files one at a time by clicking the Browse button, select the file, and then click the Upload button.
Confirm for each file, after upload, that the Size of the file is what you would expect. A size of 0 would be bad. You can click on the file name to download/play the file to test it.
After your music files are all uploaded, scroll down the the heading of "Detected Run-in Music" and confirm that your Run-in music is listed correctly.
Finally, for each competitor's Go, select the music file that should be played from the drop down list. Once each has been selected, be sure to click the Save Changes button at the very bottom.
You can make changes as you wish. If you Delete a music file that has already been assigned, note that it will appear in bold red text where it has been used. Please be sure to select the new correct file and again click on the Save Changes button. When making further changes, you only need to select from the drop down list for the changes you are making; leave the rest of them blank for no change to that item.
Although we will be testing all submitted music on the ring-side computers in advance, please bring a backup of all your music with you as .MP3 files on a memory stick or on standard audio CDs. Someone from your club must have these readily available in case of a problem, and at the discretion of the ground jury.