2014 EVABC AGM on April 13th
The EVABC will have our Annual General Meeting on Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 8 pm. You will be able to join this meeting by conference call, so we hope there is a good representation from all BC clubs.
Conference Call Details
The conference call details are below. The call-in number is a Canadian number, not a toll free number, so please use a phone line with a suitable calling plan. It is also possible to connect to the call's audio using your computer, but this must be tested ahead of time and requires a very good internet connection.
To connect to the online meeting's screen share, and optinally, computer audio:
To connect to the meeting's audio using a phone:
- Call 1-647-977-2648
- Enter Conference ID of 205-421-921#
To connect to the meeting's audio using your computer:
Before the day of the meeting:
- Please organize a headset, not your computer speakers to prevent feedback.
- Please test your internet connection and audio setup using Skype's test caller.
A bit before the meeting:
- Ensure other people in your household are not listening to streaming music or video over your internet connection during the call.
At the beginning of the meeting:
- Join the online meeting's screen share as above first.
- Click on the Phone icon in the Join.me control pannel at the top of the screen
- Click on the link "Call via internet" - Depending on your computer, you will likely need to allow and run a small download to connect.
- Once connected to the audio, in the same menu there are advanced controls that can assist with volume and selecting which speakers/mic to use.
Your Club Representatives:
It is important that every vaulting club be properly represented, and that each zone in the province have an elected zone director. Please submit the following to the Nomination committee at this email address by March 13.
- You club director(s) for 2014.
- Your nomination for your zone director
- Any other nominations for Directors at Large
- Any nominations for executive positions
Please note Clubs must hold 2014 EVA club membership and directors must hold 2014 HCBC with EVA membership.
EVABC Bylaws Part 4. Directors and Officers
- The affairs of the Society shall be managed by the Board of Directors each of whom shall be a member of the Society (19 years of age and older).
- Each registered Club Member Vaulting Club in the Province may elect one (1) Director, who must be a certified vaulting coach and one director who may be a coach, vaulter or parent, 19 years of age or older who is an individual or family member of the EVABC. If your group is not already a club member, you can purchase this membership for $10 at /EVA-BC-Membership. Clubs without a certified coach may still elect one Director.
- Each of the eight (8) geographical zones of the Province, as defined by Sport and Recreation Division, shall be represented by one (1) elected Director who may be a coach, vaulter or parent 19 years of age or older who is an individual or family member of the EVABC. Please nominate only EVABC senior members who reside in the zone.
- Directors at large – In the event that not all Zones have a Club Member Vaulting Club, the unfilled zone director positions may be filled by electing Directors-at-large from the general membership of the association. These directors may be vaulting coaches, vaulters or parents 19 years of age or older. We expect to have two Director at Large positions available. Nominate any senior EVABC member.
- These together shall constitute the Board of Directors of the Society.
- Each vaulting club and zone must submit to the secretary the names of those they have elected to the Board no later than 30 days prior to the General Membership meeting at which elections will take place. Deadline March 13
- A nominating committee may be appointed by the Executive Committee to assist clubs and zones with the election of Directors. The nominating committee shall also prepare a list of the names of Board members who are willing to stand for election to the Executive Committee.
- The Board of Directors may delegate any but not all of its powers to an Executive Committee.
- The Board of Directors at their first meeting after the election shall elect from among their number:
a. A President as the Chief Executive Officer of the Society, supervising the other Officers in the execution of their duties.
b. A Vice-President who shall carry out the duties of the President during his absence.
c. A Secretary who will be responsible to:
i. conduct the correspondence of the Society
ii. issue notices of meetings of the Society and Directors
iii. keep minutes of all the meetings of the Society and Directors
iv. have custody of all records of the Society except those required to be kept by the Treasurer
v. have custody of the common seal of the Society
vi. maintain the register of members
d. A Treasurer shall keep such financial records, including books of account as are necessary to comply with the Society Act and render financial statements to the Directors, members and others when required or ensure these are done.
e. The President, Secretary and Treasurer shall constitute the Executive Committee, who in the absence of the Board may act for the Board of Directors