EVABC Bylaws Part 4. Directors and Officers
- The affairs of the Society shall be managed by the Board of Directors each of whom shall be a member of the Society (19 years of age and older).
- Each registered Club Member Vaulting Club in the Province may elect one (1) Director, who must be a certified vaulting coach and one director who may be a coach, vaulter or parent, 19 years of age or older who is an individual or family member of the EVABC. If your group is not already a club member, you can purchase this membership for $10 at /EVA-BC-Membership. Clubs without a certified coach may still elect one Director.
- Each of the eight (8) geographical zones of the Province, as defined by Sport and Recreation Division, shall be represented by one (1) elected Director who may be a coach, vaulter or parent 19 years of age or older who is an individual or family member of the EVABC. Please nominate only EVABC senior members who reside in the zone.
- Directors at large – In the event that not all Zones have a Club Member Vaulting Club, the unfilled zone director positions may be filled by electing Directors-at-large from the general membership of the association. These directors may be vaulting coaches, vaulters or parents 19 years of age or older. We expect to have two Director at Large positions available. Nominate any senior EVABC member.
- These together shall constitute the Board of Directors of the Society.
- Each vaulting club and zone must submit to the secretary the names of those they have elected to the Board no later than 30 days prior to the General Membership meeting at which elections will take place. Deadline March 13
- A nominating committee may be appointed by the Executive Committee to assist clubs and zones with the election of Directors. The nominating committee shall also prepare a list of the names of Board members who are willing to stand for election to the Executive Committee.
- The Board of Directors may delegate any but not all of its powers to an Executive Committee.
- The Board of Directors at their first meeting after the election shall elect from among their number:
a. A President as the Chief Executive Officer of the Society, supervising the other Officers in the execution of their duties.
b. A Vice-President who shall carry out the duties of the President during his absence.
c. A Secretary who will be responsible to:
i. conduct the correspondence of the Society
ii. issue notices of meetings of the Society and Directors
iii. keep minutes of all the meetings of the Society and Directors
iv. have custody of all records of the Society except those required to be kept by the Treasurer
v. have custody of the common seal of the Society
vi. maintain the register of members
d. A Treasurer shall keep such financial records, including books of account as are necessary to comply with the Society Act and render financial statements to the Directors, members and others when required or ensure these are done.
e. The President, Secretary and Treasurer shall constitute the Executive Committee, who in the absence of the Board may act for the Board of Directors