September 1, 2017: 2017 Vault Canada National Championships
CANADIAN NATIONAL VAULTING CHAMPIONSHIPS
SEPTEMBER 1- 3, 2017
Nationals Prize List
No paper entries will be accepted, all entries must be submitted online here.
One payment per club MUST be received by the entry deadline by PayPal or credit card. Cheques will not be accepted.
Waiver forms must be completed online. If a correctly filled out and signed waiver has not been received the vaulter will be scratched.
VET Check will be Friday at 2:00pm (subject to change)
All Participants (vaulters, lungers, coaches, grooms, person responsible) must complete and sign an online. Be sure to check your email to complete the signing after you fill out the form!
One person from each club must complete and sign an online Person Responsible form.
Adult/Child/Person Responsible Waivers can be found here: /Release
Volunteer Sign up: Volunteer Sign up
Important Information about this Competition
All information about this show will be posted here on this website at www.vaultcanada.org.
Costs continue to increase every year and while the EVA strives to keep competitions affordable, increases must be covered. Please download the information on sponsorship opportunities and consider sponsoring a class or seeking others to sponsor. If we can increase sponsorship we can avoid heavily increasing competition entry fees and charges.
All mounted classes will follow the Equine Canada Rules for Vaulting. Every class offered herein is covered by the rules and specifications of the current rules of Equine Canada (EC) and will be held and judged in accordance with the EC Rules Book. Exhibitors are responsible for knowledge of the rules under which they are competing.
Per Article A801, every entry at an EC-sanctioned competition shall constitute an agreement by the person responsible that the owner, lessee, trainer, manager, agent, coach, driver or rider and horse shall be subject to the EC constitution and all rules of EC and any additional rules set by the competition. It is the responsibility of all individuals participating in any capacity in EC-sanctioned competitions to be knowledgeable regarding the EC constitution and the applicable rules of EC and the additional rules, if any, imposed by the competition. Do not participate in this EC-sanctioned competition in any capacity if you do not consent to be bound by the constitution and rules of EC and any additional rules imposed by the competition.
Any horse entered in any class at a competition may be selected for equine medication control testing while at the event location.
All individual Walk and Trot classes will complete one round with separate goes for compulsories and freestyle. All individual Canter classes will complete two rounds with separate goes for compulsories and freestyle. All Squads and Pairs classes will complete one round with separate goes for compulsories and freestyle.
Barrel classes will be 1 minute for individual, 90 seconds for doubles, and 3 minutes for team. A selection of barrels will be used. A mini trampoline may be used. Barrel classes will be conducted according to the Equestrian Vaulting Association of BC Recommendations for Barrel Classes at Vaulting Events.
Please ensure that each vaulter is eligible for the selected class(es) by referring to the eligibility rules set forth in the Vaulting Rules. If you are unsure about the eligibility of a vaulter for a given class please contact the event organizers.
Cross Entering - We are able to offer cross entering between Walk, Trot and Canter classes at this show.
Memberships & Licenses
- Canadian vaulters, lungers and horse owners must be members of their provincial vaulting association and must have an Equine Canada sport license and third party liability insurance provided through membership in their provincial sports organization. Bronze sport license is required up to and including Division Canter B. Silver sport license is required for Division Canter A. Gold sport license is required for Division Canter AA.
- Canadian vaulters entered only in Barrel classes, and vaulters, lungers and horse owners entered only in FUNdamentals and/or Walk D Under 10 do not need a sport license but must be members of their provincial vaulting association and their provincial sports organization.
- American vaulters and lungers must be members of the American Vaulting Association.
- Membership numbers must be submitted with your entries. Any vaulter who does not have the correct memberships by the Deadline will be scratched.
Trophies for all First Place Champion Classes
Prizes for all first place mounted classes
- All entry fees are in CDN $. Withdrawals or no-shows after the closing of entries will not be refunded without a Doctor's note or Vet note.
ALL CLUBS WILL BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE AN OPEN CHEQUE AT SHOW OFFICE AT CHECK IN; TO COVER ANY OUTSTANDING FEES AT THE END OF THE COMPETITION.
A CLASS CHANGE FEE OF $10 PER CHANGE WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY CHANGES MADE AFTER THE START OF THE FIRST CLASS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF VAULTER SCRATCHES OR HORSE BEING ELIMINATED BY JUDGE FOR SOUNDNESS ISSUES OR DANGEROUS BEHAVIOUR.
- $30 per vaulter OR lunger
- Music must be submitted according to the EVA Standards for Submitted Music available elsewhere on this website. Although vocal music is permitted in all classes, this competition is a family-oriented event. All vaulters and coaches should ensure that music selections are appropriate for an all-ages audience.
Music Upload Instructions
Note: Music uploads will be available after entries close until August 28.
- Before you begin, ensure that you have all of your music organized as follows:
- All music must be .MP3 files – other formats cannot be accepted.
- Although this may be a hassle, this is done to minimize the risk of your music not working at the competition.
- If your current music files are not .MP3 files, you must convert them or find someone to help you.
- If this proves impossible, please bring your music to the competition on a standard Audio CD (not as computer files) clearly labeled and one CD per Ring. Please have backup copies with you as well.
- Your Run-in music must have the word “Run-in” or Runin” as part of the file name. Obviously, other non-run-in music should not :)
- You may, if you like, have more than one Run-in music track, but we do not encourage it. If you have more than one, please clearly label in the name what the difference is, such as “Run-in Ring A.mp3” vs. “Run-in Ring B.mp3”
- All other music files should be named something recognizable and applicable; nothing fancy, not too long, just so that it makes sense.
- Log into the VaultCanada.org website with the account the club’s entries where created under.
- If the person who created the entries is not uploading the music, please have the music upload person create an account on the website (if not already created) and then email [email protected] requesting that this person be added to your club’s permissions. Please CC the other person involved.
- After you first log into the website, you will be viewing your “My Competitions” page, click on your Club’s entry link for this competition.
- Click on the Music tab near the top of the screen
- Upload your files one at a time by clicking the Browse button, select the file, and then click the Upload button.
- Confirm for each file, after upload, that the Size of the file is what you would expect. A size of 0 would be bad. You can click on the file name to download/play the file to test it.
- After your music files are all uploaded, scroll down the the heading of "Detected Run-in Music" and confirm that your Run-in music is listed correctly.
- Finally, for each competitor's Go, select the music file that should be played from the drop down list. Once each has been selected, be sure to click the Save Changes button at the very bottom.
- You can make changes as you wish. If you Delete a music file that has already been assigned, note that it will appear in bold red text where it has been used. Please be sure to select the new correct file and again click on the Save Changes button.
- When making further changes, you only need to select from the drop down list for the changes you are making; leave the rest of them blank for no change to that item.
- Although we will be testing all submitted music on the ring-side computers in advance, please bring a backup of all your music with you as .MP3 files on a memory stick or on standard audio CDs. Someone from your club must have these readily available in case of a problem, and at the discretion of the ground jury.
Horses & Stabling
- All horses will be required to wear a number when competing. The numbers will be provided by the EVABC and must be returned prior to Awards. Horse Numbers must be worn and visible at all times in the schooling and exercise rings as well as in the competition ring.
- Note: Horse owners or the person responsible must provide proof of an equine influenza vaccination within 6 months of this competition.
- Note: Any horse entered in any class at a competition may be selected for equine medication control testing while at the event location.
- New: All horses entered in Champion classes must be presented at the veterinary inspection. (All B, A and AA classes) (Vet check time is subject to change).
- Please support our host hotel as it supports our Competition
Coast Chilliwack - pet friendly hotel in downtown Chilliwack. Call the hotel at 1-800-716-6199 and ask for the Vaulting Competiton rate https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/chilliwack/coast-chilliwack-hotel/
Hampton Inn Chilliwack - Call the hotel at 1-604-392-4667 and ask for Group Code Vaulting Competition http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/british-columbia/hampton-inn-by-hilton-chilliwack-YCWLRHX/index.html
Camping at Heritage Park
- Camping is available at the competition site, there are RV and non electrical sites availbable.